Anthony Guerrée is a French designer, born in Normandy in 1987. He lives and works in Paris. As a designer, he has always worked closely with artisans, exploring high-quality craftsmanships and the history of French decorative arts. Each product of Anthony Guerrée is functional with a bold, sculptural form and meticulous detailing.
Anthony Guerrée graduated from the ÉCOLE BOULLE in Paris, where since its foundation in 1886 young talents are schooled in the fine and applied arts, and where craftmanship plays a central role. Fascinated by the interior designers of the ‘30s, Anthony joined STUDIO ANDRÉE PUTMAN, in 2010, where he was able to work with the best ‘makers’ in the world in shaping world-class interiors. In 2015, Anthony went to work for designer Christophe Delcourt, assisting him in designing his DELCOURT COLLECTION furniture, as well as contributing to Christophe’s collaborations with French and international brands. In 2020, Anthony Guerrée ventured out on his own and developed a unique signature, inspired by his travels, personal interactions and literary encounters.
His first furniture collection « Chairs of lost time » was inspired by Marcel Proust’s novel À la recherche du temps perdu. Each of the sculptural chairs embodies the character of one of the protagonists. With this manifesto project, Anthony Guerrée gives his design vision: “I love to design a collection of furniture as one that tells a story, because each design has to be more than simply functional” In 2022, one of his chairs the “Verdurin” screen-chair, enters the collections of MOBILIER NATIONAL. A few months later, he received the “French Design 100” prize at Palais de l’Élysée from the Presidency of French Republic.
Anthony Guerrée collaborates with numerous French and international brands with strong influence in the field of furniture and lifestyle such as DE LA ESPADA (Portugal), LINTELOO (Holland), PHILIPPE HUREL (France), NOSTEN (Argentina), KANN DESIGN (France) or M EDITIONS for which he designed “Fragments”, a collection exhibited at Maison La Roche, FONDATION LE CORBUSIER in September 2022. That same year, Anthony Guerrée is named Head of design of the famous brand HABITAT.
- “Filiations“ exhibition at GALERIE PRADIER-JEAUNEAU, (Saint-Ouen, France).
- Second collection of furniture for LINTELOO, Salone del mobile 2023, (Milan, Italy).
- “Lucia” chair and desk for A&B LIVING, Milan Design Week 2023, (Milan, Italy).
- “Toucan“ table for KANN DESIGN (Paris, France).
- “Line” armchair for NOSTEN ARGENTINA, (Rosario, Argentina).
- Exhibition of the collection “Fragments” designed for M EDITIONS at Maison La Roche, FONDATION LE CORBUSIER, (Paris, France).
- Entry of the “Verdurin” screen chair into the permanent collections of MOBILIER NATIONAL, (Paris, France).
- Winner of the “FRENCH DESIGN 100” prize awarded by the Presidency of the French Republic at Palais de l’Elysée, (Paris, France).
- First furniture collection for DE LA ESPADA exhibited at THE FUTURE PERFECT, (New York, USA).
- Furniture collection for LINTELOO presented at the Salone del Mobile 2022, (Milan, Italy).
- Appointment as Head of Design for HABITAT, (Aubervilliers, France).
- Exhibition “Les assises du temps perdu” at CNL (Centre National du Livre), during Paris Design Week 2021, (Paris, France).
- Furniture collection for PHILIPPE HUREL, during Paris Design Week 2021, (Paris, France).
- Exhibition “Les assises du temps perdu” at CORNETTE DE SAINT CYR, in partnership with ATELIER JESPERS, (Paris, France).
- Publication of the book “Les Assises du temps perdu” with BOUCLARD EDITIONS, (Nantes, France).
- Exhibition of the “Saint Loup” chair at the GALERIE GALLIMARD, exhibition “Marcel Proust, Prix Goncourt 1919”, (Paris, France).